MOBILE APP CODING CAMP DESCRIPTION
Mobile apps are an ever growing field of technology. During week 4 of a 4 week summer camp students will learn how to operate the tiny but powerful BBC Micro:Bit. Students will apply mobile programming concepts, and learn mobile app programming languages like Java and Python. This week students will complete activities that will help them understand how loops and Boolean functions work. They not only will understand how programming works on the coding side but they will also see the result of their code on their Micro Bits.
As students become acquainted with Functions, Loops, & Boolean, the will then Learn how to create cool apps using while loops. The while condition teaches them principles of automation and optimization since it enables them to repeat code while a condition is true. In addition, we will cap off our week by creating a digi yoyo mobile app using a while loop, a variable, as well as basic commands, such as pause and show number.
Parents: Please note that each of the four camps can stand alone as a complete course. Therefore, if for some reason your child can’t stay for all four weeks, he/she will still have benefited tremendously from the week that he/she will be able to attend. Also, bear in mind that we will be offering these courses throughout the Summer so students can sign up at any point and pick up from where they left off.
JUNE 2017 DATES & TIMES
Select your child’s grade level from the options below:
- Designs algorithms that use repetition and two-way selection (If/Then and else) statements
- Use logical reasoning to predict outputs, showing an awareness of inputs
- Makes appropriate improvements to solutions based on feedback received
- Understand that iteration is the repetition of a process such as a loop
- Define data types: real numbers and Boolean
- Laptop Computer
- USB Cable
- Certificate of Completion