Fractions are everywhere. We are constantly performing “quick” fractions calculations in our brains subconsiously from a young age that we don’t even know when we’re calculating these fractions. For instance, you could ask a three year old to give you “half” of something and they will immediately tear whatever it is into half without ever having set foot into a classroom let alone learn math. Where then does the crippling fear of fractions come from? I believe it comes from having a poor first ecounter with fractions. This course will get you reacquinted with fractions and will guide you into becoming a pro in working with fractions.
- Students will learn different kinds of fractions
- Students will be able to convert between fractions
- Students will learn how to simplify fractions
- Students will be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Students will be able to convert fractions to decimals and percents
- Students will work with complex fractions